Monday, October 10, 2011

R.I.P.



Seeing that
We both made
Our choices
And there simply is
No turning back
The fact of the matter remains
I’m still pained
By your departure

And I can surely start
To slowly walk away
But
You saw me in ways
Others couldn’t possibly
Understand
Yet here I stand
Looking over our grave
Mourning over something
That we couldn’t possibly save

…Resting In Peace

And while I still feel
The emptiness and heartache
I will only take away with me
Moments where you unfailingly
Made me feel so elated and free
Appreciated for being me
And for that
I will always be
Eternally grateful

So in ending
I’m lending you my apologies
For leading us down this road
To inevitability
And the only way for me
To amend my iniquities
To redeem and do right by our memory
Is to never cease and keep

…Reminiscing In Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment