Thursday, October 13, 2011

Be Around



We’ve reached a place where finally
It’s comforting to me – 
Our level of comfortability
We’ve reached a higher form of familiarity
And negativity has made its way out the door
(For the time being)
‘Cause I just want to be around you more
Sense and sensibility, in unison, form
Better times and places for our memories to record
My perception and ability to see the world
In all its beauty and clarity
Reveal how life is really supposed to be
And magnifies itself whenever you’re around me


‘Cause I just want to be around you more
To feel your warm, vibrant radiance more
The minutes and hours of distance
I’m no longer keeping score
Because we’re finally face to face in this instance
Your presence presents me with ways 
To try and get you to stay
To prolong our present situation more
An implication towards 
Communicating our emotions more
Translating our affection more
Re-enacting our fantasies more


Being around you 
Makes me feel whole
Even when I’ve already felt complete before
It’s impossible for me
To over analyze your motives 
'Cause my usual hesitation hasn’t yet materialized
Instead

We complement and harmonize
Articulate and verbalize
In ways that I never knew was possible
And I am grateful, for your whole being invites
A new and better part of me to be realized


So I invite you
To be around me more
Dig deeper and peel back my layers more
My vulnerability isn’t a factor anymore
Because I hope
I trust
I love
That you'll be around me more.







-DVerse Poetry submission. Submit, Link, Share!

6 comments:

  1. ah what a beautiful love song.. good to have found someone like him..this made me feel all warm and joyful...enjoy the together time...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles....i like this...when the walls come down with no reason to hide anymore...nice invitation there...and i hope that they accept...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll find much happiness so much understanding and loving hopes and desires. The way you've brought it to bear on conversation and the tone you maintain of profound respect strikes me here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel a little bit like you've been peeking through my windows with this piece. Kind of unsettling personally to see it out there, but such a beautiful write! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reads like a song to me and I would love to know if you had that in mind when it was written. A wonderful share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the song of love...So I invite you
    To be around me more
    Dig deeper and peel back my layers more
    My vulnerability isn’t a factor anymore..Love this poem!!

    ReplyDelete